14 September 2008

Lake Yellowstone Sunrise


I almost missed the best sunrise I have seen in four days at Lake Yellowstone this morning. I stood up and was stretching after editing photos early in the morning and looked out the window and saw the most beautiful sky I've seen in years. I jumped into my clothes and literally ran down to the lake (about .25 mile) with equipment in hand. Luckily I had all the gear I needed and it was all down hill to the lake. After about a half hour of frenzied photographing and the sunrise was finally over did I realize I was freezing cold. In my rush to get the photo shots I had only put on shorts and a sweatshirt in 32 degree Fahrenheit weather. In my excitement I had even forgot to put up the hood on the sweatshirt. The glove I left back in the room could have warmed my frozen hands.

No comments: